One of my beloved Rose-Sisters wrote a very inspiring article http://www.carolineyazi.com/reflections/read-the-signs/ that I recommend, when wanting to know more about your true mission. I love reading signs myself and she mentioned Astrology as one of the tools to use. And that inspired me to write this article, as I am working with astrology sometimes, when I am not sure what the real issue behind a pattern is.
The way I am using astrology is very much soulutions-style-like. I do not linger in the destructive expressions of an energy, but I look at it to find a way to transmute it. Co-working with the energies to bring forth the most constructive expression. Energetic alchemy. The reason for it is that many years ago, when looking at a chart I realized that people have the most difficult energies in the areas of life, where the hidden treasures are. Therefore I do not only see the obstacles, but also the possibilities in it. The first hides the second. Your blockage will lead you to mastery in the areas that are involved, as I mentioned once in another article.
Now astrology is using symbols for very good reasons. A symbol represents an energy, but you decide in which way to use it. Look at your birthchart: what are the energy-imprints, how do they show themselves in your life? You may look at the symbols that you find in a lot of books and articles in the internet to find inspirations what would be a more constructive way to express the involved energies. Tune in, feel what the message is. Play with it.
Here are some examples out of my own chart, to inspire you how that transmutation might work:
- I´m a double capricorn. Capricorns may be overambitious, running for power or money. Or they might express integrity, gain self-empowerment and find the inner treasure-chamber. Feels way better.
- I´ve got Pluto at the beginning of my 8th house. When I was 16 years old I realized that sexual energy could bring me all I could ever dream of, but even the idea felt horrible. This position also brought me to a place where I was working with a lot of money and could´ve easily misused the power. Instead of all of that nonsense, I am using my energetic imprint as an ability to transmute dark energies and assist people to transform and heal. And I wrote a book about new economy.
- My Virgomoon in my 7th house can easily tune into other peoples energiefield, analysing their patterns and behaviours. One could misuse that to manipulate people. But I use it in a constructive way to understand people and assist them to overcome their patterns. And of course I use this ability as an energetic healer.
- My Neptun is in Scorpio, near the MC, what made me wonder a long time in my life, what my “mission” might be. Interestingly enough I struggled with the unknown, but didn´t realize at that time how unusual it was that I always knew that I came in with a mission. How about that topic now? Well, I can sense that I´m on my path, but I do not know what tomorrow will bring. And I am very fine with that.
- My Piesces-Venus could easily be “all over the place”, but instead of loosing myself, I feel a deep love for all that is, I am connected with creation itself.
- Having very earthly, but also Piesces/Neptun energy in my chart I felt for a long time a deep inner conflict between my spiritual path and the earthly needs. Now I understand that I am perfectly skilled to bring heaven to earth. I am able to find god in the dirt of the earth.
These are just examples. See the energies in your chart like colors that you may use to paint a picture. How you want to use these colors is up to you. You do not have to express these energies in the way they have been showing up until now. You can change your perception and use these colors/energies in a way that feels much better. Be creative and express your beautiful light!